A gendered analysis of child protection systems responses in COVID-19 programming in South Asia #MHPSS #ChildreninDetention #endviolenceathome #gbv #childprotection

Marleen Van Der Ree

Pleased to share the following study report and case studies: Fry, D., Padilla, K., Neelankantan, L., and Ivantury, S., A gendered analysis of child protection (CP) systems responses in COVID-19 programming in South Asia, UNICEF, Kathmandu, 2021.

Across South Asia child protection partners have been critical in responding to COVID-19 by ensuring children have continued access to services, mitigating new and increased risks and promoting mental health and wellbeing. This study explores the changes which took place in child protection systems across South Asia in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and documents promising practices, programmatic innovations, challenges and lessons learnt from UNICEF’s programming with partners. The study was commissioned by UNICEF ROSA and prepared by the University of Edinburgh. It also includes 12 country-specific case studies around interventions on GBV, Children on the Move, MHPSS, Child Helplines and more. We hope our colleagues find the study useful and interesting.

Join Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.