Re: #CoordinationwithGBV #CoordinationwithGBV

Masumi Yamashina

Dear Krissie,

Thank you very much for this.

For referrals, many countries I know have been using the GBV pocket guide (translated version) as a tool for community volunteers. There is a Burmese version too.  But it doesn’t cover all CP issues like UAC and so on. But similar model as GBV pocket guide - having a decision tree of what to do (not to do) when you find children who might need protection, the latest referral pathways with contact (or simply a contact number of CP focal point in the community)  and a few tips dos/don’ts might work well. I think a simple tool to help community volunteers would work well.

In terms of remote case management, GBVIMS team has developed lots of podcasts re. remote case management and so on. http://www.gbvims.com/covid-19/ But it’d be difficult for community volunteers as is.

I am actually having a call with the GBV colleagues in the region including CXB on this very topic today as we plan for support to CXB. But feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Masumi

From: <Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io> on behalf of "Jennifer Lee via groups.io" <Jennifer.Lee@...>
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2020 0:37
To: "Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io" <Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [cpaorcovid19] #CoordinationwithGBV

Hi Krissie,

Thanks very much for this post and for the good work you are doing in Cox’s Bazaar. While this may not be exactly what you are looking for, I am sharing with you the CCS Operational Guidance Package developed by the IRC to support our WPE and CP colleagues operating in the same location on how to best support and coordinate around cases of child and adolescent survivors. The Package includes a brief table with guidance from our Technical Unit (developed by an internal IRC working group comprised of CP and WP TAs) that has space to be adapted for the particular context, as well as a PPT that brings CP and GBV colleagues through the discussions we saw as necessary to determine has to best support and coordinate around such cases. Please note that this is a pilot version of the Package, so if you do decide to use it then I would really appreciate your feedback on it. Please also note that it was developed pre-COVID-19, so additional considerations will need to be made. If you have any questions on it or would like to walk through it together, please feel free to reach out.

From the Child and Adolescent Survivor Initiative’s side, I don’t think we have quite what you are looking for in terms of a flow chart. If there is any way we can support you in the development of this, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jenn