#CoordinationwithGBV #CoordinationwithGBV

chickling@...

Hello Colleagues!

I am looking for some examples of where child protection (CP coordination group, child protection case management, CP agencies etc.) are working/coordinating with GBV. The context is that CASI is seeking to build our understanding of how the coordination groups are overcoming the COVID-19 restrictions.
Warm regards Carina Hickling, CASI Coordinator CP AoR

gertrude desiree etobe

Bonjour chère Carina,
Désolée de répondre en français, mais c'est la langue dans laquelle je m'exprime le mieux.

Je suis Désirée ETOBE, je travaille pour la protection à base communautaire au HCR, sous bureau de Kousseri. Dans notre contexte, nous avons deux sous groupes distincts CP, et SGBV. Mais dans ces sous groupe nous avons des activités communes comme le panel DIS, la conférence des cas, le référencement et le suivi des cas, les descentes commune de terrain et ces deux groupes sont chapeautés par la protection ou des échanges d'informations, documents, référencement se font.
Les deux groupes ne peuvent être fusionnés car mis à part les activités communes chacun à ses activités spécifiques, et CP est co leade par UNICEF, SGBV est co leade en l'absence de UNFPA par le HCR.

Des partenaires ont mis sur pied des lignes vertes, les case worker sont formé (es) pour écouter en même temps des cas de CP et des cas de SGBV, il en est de même dans la réponse sur le terrain en particulier pour la santé, le soutien psychosocial, les appuis.

Merci
ED

Hello dear Carina,

I'm sorry to answer in French, but that's the language in which I express myself best.

I am Désirée ETOBE, I work for community-based protection at the UNHCR, Kousseri field unit.  In our context, we have two distinct sub-groups, CP and SGBV.  But in these sub-groups we have common activities such as the DIS panel, case conferencing, referral and follow-up of cases, common field visits and these two groups are headed by the protection sub group, were they exchanges information, documents, and referrals are made.

The two groups cannot be merged because, apart from the common activities, each one has its own specific activities, and CP is colead by UNICEF, SGBV is colead in the absence of UNFPA by UNHCR.

 Partners have set up green lines, the case workers are trained to listen to CP and SGBV cases at the same time, and the same applies to the response in the field, particularly for health, psychosocial support and support.  It must be said that this is not fully harmonized, the COVID crisis took us by surprise.  So we are trying to adapt.

If we can have any support for the two sub group to work together, I'll be happy

Thank you

ED

Le lun. 11 mai 2020 à 05:34, <chickling@...> a écrit :
Hello Colleagues!

I am looking for some examples of where child protection (CP coordination group, child protection case management, CP agencies etc.) are working/coordinating with GBV. The context is that CASI is seeking to build our understanding of how the coordination groups are overcoming the COVID-19 restrictions.
Warm regards Carina Hickling, CASI Coordinator CP AoR

chickling@...

Dear Désirée ETOBE,

Thank you so much for your post and I am sorry to respond in English! Especially I want to thank you for sharing the inspiring information about strong collaborative CP and GBV activities.  It is encouraging to hear that case workers are trained to respond to both CP and GBV cases, and that Health and PSS are included too. Do you encourage/offer joint training opportunities for case workers to continue building these skills? I would also be interested to know if you have developed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or other type of agreement governing the activities and collaborative process?

COVID-19 is highlighting the need for maximizing both CP and GBV actors’ capacity to respond to both sets of cases, and we are scrambling to increase the efforts in building these skills. I would however suggest that you already have a head-start in that the actors already have some experience in working closely together.

I am attaching a link to the Child and Adolescent Survivor Initiative (CASI) COVID-19 Guidance Note. CASI is also developing a specific TIP sheet for the coordination aspects.

Later in the year CASI is planning to offer an online training/workshop on coordination of case management for CP and GBV coordinators, which you might be interested in attending to share your experiences and learn from others.

Meanwhile, CASI is working on a participatory approach for CP and GBV actors to better understand and address the barriers that adolescent survivors of sexual violence face when seeking services. From our experience, this is an important area for CP and GBV actors, including Health and PSS to work together on with young people.

I would be very grateful if we could stay in contact, and continue sharing experiences.

Warmest regards,

Carina

Krissie Hayes

Dear all
As CP increasingly relies on our volunteers  (with remote supervision) for case management due to severe access restrictions,  but recognise this is hugely problematic for child survivors, we are working with GBV to develop/adapt simplified flow chart for CW and volunteers in refugee camps to outline transfer and/or referral mechanisms.
We (GBV and CP) are concerned about this issue, adhering to dnh principles, especially with challenges re data and confidentiality, but recognise long SOPs are not going to be effective.
Support or best practices from similar contexts would be greatly appreciated!

webinars/training which can be easily cascaded to refugee volunteers without access to technology is also needed (but that is a request I raise in all topics!)

Any experience sharing much appreciated!

Jennifer Lee

Hi Krissie,

Thanks very much for this post and for the good work you are doing in Cox’s Bazaar. While this may not be exactly what you are looking for, I am sharing with you the CCS Operational Guidance Package developed by the IRC to support our WPE and CP colleagues operating in the same location on how to best support and coordinate around cases of child and adolescent survivors. The Package includes a brief table with guidance from our Technical Unit (developed by an internal IRC working group comprised of CP and WP TAs) that has space to be adapted for the particular context, as well as a PPT that brings CP and GBV colleagues through the discussions we saw as necessary to determine has to best support and coordinate around such cases. Please note that this is a pilot version of the Package, so if you do decide to use it then I would really appreciate your feedback on it. Please also note that it was developed pre-COVID-19, so additional considerations will need to be made. If you have any questions on it or would like to walk through it together, please feel free to reach out.

From the Child and Adolescent Survivor Initiative’s side, I don’t think we have quite what you are looking for in terms of a flow chart. If there is any way we can support you in the development of this, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jenn

As CP increasingly relies on our volunteers  (with remote supervision) for case management due to severe access restrictions,  but recognise this is hugely problematic for child survivors, we are working with GBV to develop/adapt simplified flow chart for CW and volunteers in refugee camps to outline transfer and/or referral mechanisms.
We (GBV and CP) are concerned about this issue, adhering to dnh principles, especially with challenges re data and confidentiality, but recognise long SOPs are not going to be effective.
Support or best practices from similar contexts would be greatly appreciated!

webinars/training which can be easily cascaded to refugee volunteers without access to technology is also needed (but that is a request I raise in all topics!)

Any experience sharing much appreciated!

Masumi Yamashina

Dear Krissie,

Thank you very much for this.

For referrals, many countries I know have been using the GBV pocket guide (translated version) as a tool for community volunteers. There is a Burmese version too.  But it doesn’t cover all CP issues like UAC and so on. But similar model as GBV pocket guide - having a decision tree of what to do (not to do) when you find children who might need protection, the latest referral pathways with contact (or simply a contact number of CP focal point in the community)  and a few tips dos/don’ts might work well. I think a simple tool to help community volunteers would work well.

In terms of remote case management, GBVIMS team has developed lots of podcasts re. remote case management and so on. http://www.gbvims.com/covid-19/ But it’d be difficult for community volunteers as is.

I am actually having a call with the GBV colleagues in the region including CXB on this very topic today as we plan for support to CXB. But feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Masumi

From: <Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io> on behalf of "Jennifer Lee via groups.io" <Jennifer.Lee@...>
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2020 0:37
To: "Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io" <Forum@CPCOVID19.groups.io>

[...]

From the Child and Adolescent Survivor Initiative’s side, I don’t think we have quite what you are looking for in terms of a flow chart. If there is any way we can support you in the development of this, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jenn

As CP increasingly relies on our volunteers  (with remote supervision) for case management due to severe access restrictions,  but recognise this is hugely problematic for child survivors, we are working with GBV to develop/adapt simplified flow chart for CW and volunteers in refugee camps to outline transfer and/or referral mechanisms.
We (GBV and CP) are concerned about this issue, adhering to dnh principles, especially with challenges re data and confidentiality, but recognise long SOPs are not going to be effective.
Support or best practices from similar contexts would be greatly appreciated!

webinars/training which can be easily cascaded to refugee volunteers without access to technology is also needed (but that is a request I raise in all topics!)

Any experience sharing much appreciated!

Krissie Hayes

Thanks both. All very useful. Our main concern is limited access and use of volunteers so really seeking pictorial and tip sheets.
gbv only use their national staff for CM but CP has many cases so with only 137 CW only allowed, we developed remote case management guide to support volunteers to do low and medium risk cases. My worry is child survivors and ensuring volunteers know the system!

thanks again