#ChildHelplines #covid19response #VAC #Webinar #ChildHelplines #Webinar #vac #covid19response

Chantal Neuweiler

Edited

**CHANGE OF DATE**
Good morning everyone!
On Thursday 4th June at 2pm CEST, Child Helplines International (CHI), the Alliance for CP in humanitarian action, the CP AoR and UNICEF are co-hosting a webinar with a Q&A session to present the new technical note on child helplines in the context of the COVID19 response. The note will be issued in the coming days and aims at:
  1. Providing practical guidance to child protection actors and service providers, including government departments, (I)NGOs, CSOs and UN agencies and child protection coordination groups on how they might provide support to children and families through a helpline service; or by collaboration with an existing national child helpline;
  2. Exploring how existing child helplines  can contribute to, and participate in, efforts to support children and families during the COVID-19 pandemic, through child protection mechanisms and systems.  This includes expanding their services, and with a view to avoiding duplication.
You can register and find more information here. We look forward to your participation, questions and sharing of experiences!
best regards,
Chantal

Chantal Neuweiler

Hi all,
The technical note on child helplines is out!
As a response to the COVID-19 crisis, child protection actors and service providers are exploring how they can continue to provide support to children, families and communities remotely through the use of technology. This includes child helplines, which, over the last decade, have become increasingly important in responding to concerns raised by children and young people on a range of issues affecting their lives.
The note which was developed jointly by Child Helplines international, the CP AoR, the Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and UNICEF is aimed at practitioners and has two main objectives:
  1. To provide practical advice to child protection actors and service providers – including government departments, (I)NGOs, civil society organisations (CSO), community-based organisations (CBO), UN agencies and child protection coordination groups – on how to support children and families through a child helpline service, including collaboration with existing, national child helplines to avoid duplication.
  2. To explore how existing child helplines can contribute to, and participate in, efforts to support children and families during the COVID-19 pandemic through child protection mechanisms and systems. This includes expanding their services.

PSG Consult

Very helpful, many thanks.

Best regards from James Town, Accra.

---------

Paul Semeh

Founding Consultant
PSG Consult Ltd
P.O. Box JT 235, James Town, Accra, Ghana
Loc. H/No.OB 16/41, Sowutuom - Accra West
Mob: +233243438580

Follow us: Facebook

"Bringing ideas to life"

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this email and any attachments are confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and are intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay, interception, and amendment. PSG Consult Ltd does not accept liability for damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 1:30 PM <chantal.neuweiler@...> wrote:
[...]

Huda Ghalegolabi

Hello colleagues,

I hope all is doing well. I was wondering if the webinar on the new technical note on child helplines in the context of the COVID19 response was recorded? and will be shared?

It seems like I missed it for the second time.

Regards
Huda

[...]

Learning and Development Focal Point

Hi all,

The edited recorded version is still being worked on and will be uploaded soon.

Good news is you can also access the unedited recorded version through Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/Alliance.Child.Protection/videos/566671227612499/

Hope this works for you!

Have a good day

Elena

Elena Giannini - Focal Point
Learning and Development Working Group
The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action

Contact: learning@... | Rome: (+39) 3286892623

Perrine Corcuff

Hi Huda,
hope you're doing well.
For the meantime you can access the webinar here: Covid 19: Child Helplines and Child Protection
An edited version will be posted on YouTube soon and we'll keep you informed.
You might have accessed it already, otherwise, the technical note presented in the webinar is here
In addition you may also want to check the webinar on Child Protection, the COVID-19 response & Child Helplines – linkages and opportunities, organized late April -prior to the technical note issuance-, and gathering CP coordinators working on Child Helplines.
Don't hesitate to reach out for any other question.
Take care!
Perrine

Huda Ghalegolabi

Thank you so much

Regards

The edited recorded version is still being worked on and will be uploaded soon.

Good news is you can also access the unedited recorded version through Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/Alliance.Child.Protection/videos/566671227612499/

Hope this works for you!

Have a good day

Elena

Elena Giannini - Focal Point
Learning and Development Working Group
The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action

Contact: learning@... | Rome: (+39) 3286892623

Chantal Neuweiler

Hi everyone,
You can also find the edited recording of the webinar on Child Helplines and child protection technical note now here: https://youtu.be/xtfYW0MEtxY